At NJ Adventure Tours we offer miles of hiking and orienteering throughout some of the states most beautiful and scenic wilderness. Come learn how to navigate the outdoors with a compass, maps, GPS, sun position and daylight savings. Basic survival courses are also available with this excursion for an additional fee.
Hikes can be tailored for groups, couples, families, team-building adventures, or for solos who just want to experience a tranquil day in the outdoors.
All hikes offer the option of breakfast and lunch.
We recommend the following for these outings:
- Day pack, Camelbak® Hydration System, or other water source holding at least 70 oz.
- Light, breathable hiking boots, bandana, and a sturdy walking stick
- Compact first aid kit that fits in the Camelbak®
- Sun block, lip balm and scent-free insect repellent
- Cell phone or 2-way radio, compass, trail map of the system you’re hiking
- Good knife or Leatherman® Multi-Tool
- Matches or fire-starter kit
- Click Here to learn more about outfitting for Hiking
Guided tours include snow shoe rentals and lunch is an option with your package!
Guided hiking tours will be going until we have enough snowfall to snowshoe.
Half day trip or full day trips are available.
Cost per person is $89.00 including rentals for guided snowshoeing.
Trekking poles are an additional $5.00 per day
Cost per person is $59.00 for a half day guided hiking tour and $79.00 for a full day.
Lunch is optional for an additional $8.00 per person and includes a 1/4 sub sandwich, one bottle of water, a bag of chips and an apple.
Half day trips can last up to 4.5 hours and can accommodate up to 20 people per outing.
Full day trips can last up to 8.5 hours and can accommodate up to 10 people per outing.
We have multiple networks of trails for for all skill levels! Families and Pets are welcome!
Currently our hikes are available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays!
Check out our latest publication in the NJ Skylands Magazine on shoeing!!